“Sustainable enterprises should innovate, adopt appropriate environmentally friendly technologies, develop skills & human resources, and enhance productivity to remain competitive in national and international markets.” -- ILO-Labour Conference 2007
Over the years, SCALE has small entrepreneurs in the regions of Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh. Over 700 trained girls and boys are either self-employed or running their small business under SCALE Rural Entrepreneurship Development Program.
SCALE’s Entrepreneurship Development Program works to strengthen entrepreneurial management skills through capacity building and training resources that foster adoption of good workplace practices in micro and small enterprises.
In the area of management training, SCALE has training tools and trained manpower to address the target groups of young illiterate or literate people. This it intends to do by promoting awareness among young people of the opportunities and challenges of entrepreneurship and self-employment in their role in shaping their future and other not so fortunate sections of our society.
SCALE has been successfully working to create skill based training towards ensuring better livelihoods for the underprivileged and which has strengthened its belief that Rural Entrepreneurship Development Program is another solution to the individual and community growth.
SCALE has developed its own framework to understand the budding entrepreneurs personal and business goals, what study has been made in demand and supply position for their market offerings and, finally, to assess their capability and capacity to deliver their strategies.
At the entrepreneurship development level, SCALE has the general objective to contribute towards the creation of an enterprise culture in our society.
- To promote small entrepreneurs in the field of IT/Solar/Telecom in the rural areas.
- To help the budding entrepreneurs in understanding the supply and demand equation.
- To create business and financial models for our Entrepreneurship Development Program.
- To connect them to the financial institutions and encourage social enterprise funding.
- To train the entrepreneurs in IT, Telecom and Solar sectors.
- Mentoring and reviewing the entrepreneurs for one year.
- To establish solar/tailoring co-operatives in the rural area of Uttarakhand.
- To hold entrepreneurship workshops
- To tie up with financial institutions
- Provide training
- Create financial and business templates
- Have a monitoring and review system
- Link the entrepreneurs to the first generation entrepreneurs
- Information on the major vendor in their business
- 15 SCALE trained Solar Technicians linked to solar vendors for livelihood
- Over 700 girls self-employed through SCALE tailoring program
- Two Telecom entrepreneurs
- Two independent IT entrepreneurs set up in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand
- 25 IT trained people in self- employment
- SCALE has provided for social enterprise funding to in such small entrepreneurs or self-generating businesses