SCALE has been supporting nine underprivileged schools in Uttarakhand, Karnataka, NCR Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Orissa. Backed by a team of academicians and scientists, SCALE is striving to bring about a qualitative change in the methodology of teaching and thereby, creating in young children a hunger for learning. The SCALE model is replicable and it believes that in quality of education lies the quality of life.
Over 5,000 students are benefitting from SCALE’s support to schools in the fields of Information and Technology, infrastructure build up, placement of qualified faculty and audio-visual library. SCALE’s aim is to cover about 10,000 students by the end of March, 2014.
SCALE is setting up Science Centres in the schools supported by it to promote innovative learning through the science stream. It is providing the necessary equipment and teaching expertise for capacity building in schools.
Mentoring the children, through a process of formal learning and inculcation of human values, thereby creating a platform where knowledge, curiosity, interest, excitement can lead to innovative thinking and make them responsible citizens.
- Improve the quality of life and education through a holistic approach.
- Provide educational opportunities to the underprivileged cross section of our society.
- Promote all-round development of children.
- Promote all-round development of children.
- To ensure through training programs or fresh recruitment the availability of qualified staff in such schools.
- Set up science labs in schools to create interest and promote innovative thinking.
- To provide trained faculty and equipment for computer learning.
- To regularly educate such children on the benefits of good health, hygiene and proper nutrition
- Harness talent in children
- To encourage return of the drop- outs to the schools.
SCALE Education Sector has the following strategic objectives to fulfill its mission:
- Capacity-Building: to provide for trained teachers, equipments and labs for educational innovation and learning
- Institutional Support: to initiate and imbibe from leading educational institutes the best of practices and information
- Replication: to promote successful programs and replication in other needed schools
- Standard-Setting: to develop standards, norms and guidelines for action in key education areas
- Monitoring and Evaluation: to create a mechanism for monitoring and evaluation of the introduced practices
Key priority areas
- Formal learning
- Promoting Knowledge
- Building Curiosity
- Creating Interest and Excitement
- Inculcating Innovative Thinking
- Providing Quality of Faculty
- Supporting vocational education and training (VET)
- Promoting girl education
Four main lines of action
- Building quality and holistic education systems
- Setting up Science labs and Computer Centres in Schools
- Recruiting qualified teachers for schools
- Teachers Training Programs
- Children Talent Support
- Supporting education system responses to present day challenges for sustainable development and culture towards responsible, honest and caring individuals/citizens
SCALE works with its team of management experts to ensure educational initiatives which are effective and sustainable. Capacity-building activities are conducted in the following areas:
- Planning and management
- Training of trainers and facilitators for program delivery
- Curriculum development and designing materials in Science Lab and Computer Centre
- Provision of equipment for science and computer laboratories
- Learning through visuals
- Learning through fun and enjoyment for LKG children
- Skill training in tailoring for girls
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Regular health, hygiene and nutrition sessions
- Over 5,000 students are benefitting from SCALE programs
- SCALE is supporting a slum cluster of 2,000 people with educational equipment and informal teaching
- SCALE has provided 6 schools with infrastructural support, computers and UPS, trained faculty, syllabus, training contents, academic practices, 200 software manuals and the training of facilitators
- To promote Science amongst students, SCALE has set up an innovative Science Laboratory ‘Science Centre’, in the VMJH School at Haldwani, in Uttarakhand
- A Centre for Excellence in training the teachers has being initiated at Haldwani. Leading academicians will constitute the faculty for imparting the latest techniques and innovative training methods for the teachers
- Measuring and monitoring education quality
- SCALE has a library with over 100 educational DVDs
- SCALE has supplied 1,300 school bags to a tribal school in Orissa