Given SCALE’s proven ability to bring about economies of scale, we are confident of creating more capacity (especially in technical areas) by increasing penetration of solar energy ownership, promoting more livelihood options for rural women and by taking smart learning solutions to more children in needy schools in rural areas.
The existence of high market potential and market dynamics in the solar industry will make it easier for us to replicate more solar cooperatives in rural areas. Low prices, high features, quality components, modular technology, trained manpower and spread of service support centers across districts and states will not only ensure the sustainability of such organizations, but their growth as well.
SCALE also plans to increase the number of women under its skill and livelihood programs. In the coming years, more women self-help groups in tailoring will be replicated across Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh.
In the field of education, SCALE will continue to expand its support to the needy schools, and continue its focus on teacher-training programs and smart learning and e-learning in rural and semi-urban schools. At present, around 10,000 children are taking advantage of our computer and science laboratories and we intend to increase that number substantially in 2017-18.
- SCALE’s target is to solar light a total of 10,000 under-privileged homes in the states of Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh by the end of 2017-18.
- SCALE plans to foray into manufacturing of solar inverter, grid solutions, solar micro-domes, solar cookers, and solar modules during 2017-18. We will also expand our range in solar home lighting.
- We plan to train over 1,000 unemployed youth by 2018-19 in solar technology. This will provide them with the necessary skill for obtaining livelihood in the electronics and electrical industry.
- We plan to provide solar light to an additional 200 border villages in 2017-18
- We will promote solar products through online sale.
- SCALE plans to export solar products to the African market.
- Greater spread of service support across its areas of operation.
- SCALE plans to increase the membership of its self-help group — Alambana — to 100 in 2017-18.
- We plan to set up more self-help groups in rural Uttarakhand.
- We plan to increase livelihood options for women.
- Our target is to get school uniforms stitched by our self-help groups for an additional 10,000 Anganwadi school children.
- SCALE plans to add another 15 schools in 2017-18 to its ‘Smart Learning in Computers’ program.
- Introduce E-learning in Mathematics, Science and English for the needy schools.
- Retain key focus on teacher-training programs for primary teachers in Computers, Mathematics Science and English.
- Reach out to the needy schools in the border areas of Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh.
- Set up Science laboratories in selective schools.